Skip to main content

The Wonderful Team Member Readership Award Nominees

Having stated my thoughts on what makes a lovely reader and blogger in the post Blogging Award, I want to share my Wonderful Team Member Readership Award nominees, right here and now. You'll want to check out their blogs, if you haven’t done so already.

I’m not going to nominate everyone at once. For today, I am sharing nominees living abroad (Outside of the USA). These creative souls are either in a country of choice, for work, as Ex Pats or were born where they currently live. Their unique perspectives allow me to do something enjoyable—a bit of armchair travel. They reach out, crossing borders broken up by the internet, while expanding our horizons in the process. What I enjoy about this group of bloggers is that they enrich their readers by expanding our ways of envisioning the world and our place within it.

 



1.       Jyotsna (India) Dreams and Dimensions! If you ever wanted to go to India, visit the shops, see the sites and meet interesting people, then this is the blog for you to check out. You will also gain interesting insights into the process of writing, as well as being treated to Jyotsna's poetry.

2.       Romi (Japan) Letters from the Land of Cherry Blossoms Romi's blog is often filled with fresh views of life. She hones in on the nano. You know--those tiny but important things that many over look . Through her most recent posts you'll find, the tradition behind a Japanese plant's name and a new use for an old kimono. You wouldn't guess it from the clarity in her writing but English is a language she continues to study and examine.

3.       Fil (Ireland)Fil's Place - Old Songs and Memories You've got to love this blog. Written so passionately and brimming with expressions of folk art. Fil is a keeper of Irish traditions, most notably of music and song. Mosey over to Fil's Place, where you can hear and see musicians which may be unfamiliar. Bets are, you'll want to add some of them to your listening list. Fil is a songwriter, performer, musician, singer, of Irish traditional through contemporary music, along with her husband. She is also a captivating storyteller, which you'll find communicated in her thoughtful blog posts.

4.       Sanch (Australia)Living my Imperfect Life Sanch lives in Sydney. She is also a psychologist. You'll find a little bit of everything in her space, including ruminations and photographs from her recent travels, how-to articles about various useful subjects, insights into her journey of discovery.

5.       Susan Scott (South Africa)Garden of Eden Blog I first meet Susan through the A to Z challenge, just like the rest of these bloggers. I was drawn to the Garden of Eden Blog because each day it offered a great take-away message. I would find myself going back to the messages and themes in her posts. They were food for meditation. She is a published author and you can check out her book on amazon, In Praise of Lilith, Eve and the Serpent in the Garden of Eden and Other Stories. It is in gratitude that I nominate her for frequent visits and comments on Stephanie's Studio.

6.       Vishal (India) Scripting the Story of Life Vishal knows well the meaning of 'team member'. He is not only an avid blogger and writer but also a supporter of fellow bloggers and writers. He goes out of his way to be an active part of our community; in the process he shares writing, poetry and reflections on life in India and beyond.

7.       Karen (Guatemala) Coming Down from the Mountain: Expat Writer Living Abroad I am constantly learning new things by visiting Karen’s blog. It is laden with breathtaking photographs for one. Her reflections on her very rich life and travels, as well as being an American Ex-pat living in Guatemala, make for thought-provoking reading. She is a prolific published writer, author of Farm Girl, Uncut Diamonds, House of Diamonds, Lighting Candles in the Snow, and Farm Girl Country Cooking: Hearty Meals for Active Families. She is currently working on a novel, scheduled for 2014 release by WiDo Publishing, where she is Managing Editor. 

8. Vinodini (India) ifs ands buts etcs Vinodini is another blogger who goes out of her way to be supportive of fellow bloggers, making her the embodiment of an excellent team member and reader. We went to each other’s blogs almost on a daily basis during the A to Z Challenge. She always had something refreshing to say both on her blog and mine. Vinodini is a painter. You'll never get bored by her blog. The breadth of her post topics is notable, encompassing art, design, aesthetics, fashion, retail, travel, nature, music, movies, and much more.
     

  

As the final part of accepting this award, let me finish this sentence:



In reference to John Gardner’s often quoted reflection on writing, a great reader is: someone who lives in the continuous and vivid dream. They don’t stop there, instead they bring us into the fold so we can dream right along with them.

Comments

  1. Hi, Stephanie,
    Thank you for your encouraging comment.
    I am going to follow you on Google +.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so so much Stephanie. How sweet of you for the award and the kind words for me. Lots of love back :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I will definitely be checking out some of these blogs! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful Quanie! I hope you enjoy your visits.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your award, Stephanie!! And congrats to all the bloggers you nominated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Chrys! Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great honour Stephanie thank you so much for the nomination. Your words about my blog are lovely - another big thank you! And many congratulations on your award - so deserved!

    I'm sorry that I've taken a while to respond - all has been extremely busy and continues so - visitors staying, flu (a biting winter), one thing and another. I've been thinking really hard about accepting it and sadly I am declining. I would love to put up the badge and others for which I've been nominated which I declined .. but it would be peculiar to say the least, to accept yours and not to have accepted the one or two others. I am a bit hopeless about cut copying and pasting .. and all else that is involved. I feel foolish saying this, but believe me, it really is so ...

    I stopped in to visit your nominations and indeed they are lovely. I will visit the others
    you nominate and know that I am in for a treat.

    I love your posts and always look forward to them.

    Warm wishes and again, my thanks for your recognition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, these awards are indeed complex. It's lovely to put up the button indicating that you have an award winning blog. I totally understand why you're declining. You can't imagine how many days and hours I've put into accepting these awards--yet I'm totally flattered and happy to receive them. I do hope you are not suffering to badly through winter and that the flu passes quickly. It's so nice that you visited some of the other blogs. That's what this award and so many of the others is about. Helping support one another and bring about visibility and new members to blogs that might have escaped attention is the main goal. You are such a wonderful reader and in that way you contribute to my blog and its inspiration. Thank you! You're welcome for the nomination.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much Stephanie .. much appreciate your understanding! I can't tell you how I would love to put up those badges .. they're so pretty. If you took days and hours to put them up it would've taken me weeks and months!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just what you mean Susan. I spend far too many hours online yet it is worthwhile to meet people like you and become familiar with your work.

      Delete
  8. Hello Stephanie
    I am so sorry it has taken me this long to get back to you ... Thank you so much for nominating me for this award. I'm chuffed :) and thank you for the lovely words. It's given me confidence to write more. I don't think I have 14 people who comment on the blog, but there are certainly 5 or 6.

    I've been taking an unplanned break from blogging for the past 6 weeks or so, but I'm making an effort now to get back to it. As soon as I get a bit of clarity - hopefully in the next few days - I'll pass this award on :)

    Now I"m away to catch up on reading everybody else's blogs
    Fil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fil, no worries at all. You're welcome and you deserve the nomination. I too have been resting up a bit and have backed off from blogging as much as I had been during the spring months. Everyone needs a chance to relax, regroup and recharge, in order to be more effective at whatever you do. I'll stop over to your blog and look forward to seeing your nominations. I also need to make my rounds to my fellow bloggers sites. I've been doing other stuff on the internet, which I share in tomorrow's post.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Go ahead. Make my day by leaving a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Follow Fest Interview and Sharing

When I first became a blogger it was difficult to know if I had readers and visitors coming to my blog. I’d post and be met by the sounds of crickets. Then, I branched out into the world of the blogosphere, a world I  didn't  know really existed. From my ventures, I met a lot of interesting bloggers.  I've  started following and commenting on numerous blogs, for you see, prior to my outings, I too was out among the crickets. Lurking about but seldom saying anything. A fellow blogger  I've  met through my journeys around the blogosphere is Melissa Maygrove . She had the brilliant idea to have a Follow Fest , where we share about who we are, what we do and most importantly, how you can connect with us further. It is my intention through joining Follow Fest, that I’ll connect with many more readers and people interested enough in what I do to want to learn more by following. So, here goes my entry for the fest. Name:   Stephanie Rose Bird Fiction or

Gran Bwa

Gran Bwa is a lwa that helps you connect to ancestral roots or the spiritual home of Vodou. A friend of mine, who is an expert on Haitian Vodou, who has spent a lot of time in Haiti with the artists there, told me I had painted Gran Bwa when I made this spontaneous work out of walnut ink and sumi-ink on handmade paper. I had considered this painting a self-portrait. She now holds this piece in her private collection: Quite a few people are afraid of Vodou but it is an awe-inspiring tradition of bringing together plant energy with divinity, spiritual and personal energy. My friend who is very involved with Vodou, especially the art that surrounds it, is from European ancestry. She is light in spirit and bubbly, with a close relationship to nature and her garden.  Vodou affirms the relationships between cycles of life, trees of knowledge and spirit.  The Vodou vision of lwa , understands them as the intelligence of energy present in humans, nature and thoughts.  Mysteries ca

Xochitl--Flower

                                     (Winter Poinsettia by Stephanie Rose Bird, oil on wood) One of my Facebook friends does daily posts and shares called "I love Flowers." I love flowers too, in real life, in my garden, in paintings and as they are related to the gods and goddesses, in healing, as well as their use in folklore like Hoodoo. Not long ago I posted about Xochipelli (Sho-CHEE-pee-lee) prince of flowers and Xochiquetzal (Sho-CHEE-ket-zul) goddess of flowers in anticipation of April's blooming season.  The Goddess and Prince of Flowers post  is here. Today, I want to focus in on the root word of their names and it's symbolism. This word is Xochitl (Show-CHEE-tul) in the Nahuatl language of the Aztecs. This word means flower.                                            ( Frida Kahlo "Self Portrait Dedicated to Dr. Eloesser) In many different belief systems there are nature gods and goddesses connected with flowers. Flowers possess symbolism,